Our most recent adventure was to the Windsor Ruins, located on the outskirts of Port Gibson. Built in the mid 1800’s, the house was the largest plantation of its time. The mansion was four stories tall with 25 bedrooms and an observation tower at the top. Once the Civil War had started, both Confederate and Union soldiers occupied the mansion in order to nurse wounded soldiers and use the observation tower to keep an eye on the enemy. The mansion survived the Civil War, but was later burned to the ground by the drop of a single cigarette.